Thursday, September 17, 2009


I am starting school in... 24 minutes. So we'll see. (school to left)

In the last three days three blog-worthy things have happened:

1. I cooked my first meal in a foreign country by myself, so I had to go grocery shopping and figure out that "ajo" means garlic just as "comino" means cumin. The family did not like the meal so much, but it was a nice reminder of food from home, even though the food here is delicious.

2. I was sitting by myself in the kitchen when I spilled juice on my pants, and I reprimanded myself in Spanish, though there was no one there to hear, and for this I felt pretty proud.

3. My family and I went to a chinese restaurant (which is the closest thing to something familiar in this whole country) and for dessert, I didn't know what to order, so my host mom just ordered the same thing for me as she did for herself. So when it came out, I found out that she had ordered 2 huge bowls of whipped cream with three nuts on top. Just whipped cream in a huge crystal bowl. It was... wonderful.