Sunday, August 8, 2010


Well, I have am officially locking the doors on this España blog, since I am now sitting on my own couch, in my own house, in my own country. Its been a month and a half since I was last in Spain, but it seems like so much longer. I am so grateful for the entire year--every piece of ham, every kiss on the cheek, every Spanish word learned, every person I met who showed me that the world is so very big and not at all the way I thought it was.

So, closing up, winding down. Now rather than looking at old Spanish cathedrals, I'm looking at colleges. But only those that offer quality semester study abroad programs. I'm addicted to the world. I think anyone who goes out and sees the world can't help but crave more, its a one taste and you're hooked kind of deal.

So, with all of this said, I'll have to do my thankyous now:
Thank you facebook, for allowing me to keep in touch. Thank you Janine, Eliza and Liza for being my America in Spain. Thank you Madrid transportation system, for making me hate New York City's confusing metro/bus mess. Thank you camera for letting me store my memories and share them. Thank you family for letting me go sooner than anticipated and making me feel loved, even from 3000 miles away.

And thank you Spain... for expanding my world, for giving me this addiction to explore new cultures, and for being the setting for my most ridiculous, most beautiful and most surprising year yet.

1 comment: